New England Forestry Foundation (NEFF) offices have now partially reopened, and all NEFF Community Forests remain open to visitors. We will continue to do all we can for New England’s forests while prioritizing the well-being of the general public and everyone at NEFF.
NEFF Community Forest Visitor Guidelines During COVID-19 Outbreak
When visiting NEFF forests, help us prioritize the health and safety of all visitors and the greater community. Beyond NEFF’s standard Recreation policies and Safety & Guidelines, please adhere to the following best practices during the COVID-19 outbreak. Note that all dogs must be on leashes to allow for better social distancing.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal guidelines regarding public activities.
- Practice physical distancing at trailheads and throughout the forest.
- Keep a face mask/covering accessible for situations where physical distancing is not possible, such as when passing others on a narrow trail.
- Park in designated areas. If the lot is full, come back another time or find a more quiet local area to enjoy.
- Print or download a trail map in advance, if available, to avoid crowding or contact at map boxes/kiosks.
- Please report any trail or property issues via our Contact Us form.
- All dogs must be leashed.