New England Forestry Foundation recently partnered with Northern Woodlands to develop two new editions of their popular publication, The Place You Call Home!
Created for Massachusetts and Connecticut, this resource is an 80-page, full-color guide that mixes practical information about logging, conservation, and tax programs with engaging articles about birds, wildlife habitat, and invasive species. In it, you’ll find:
- How to identify and manage for invasive plants and insects
- What animals need and how your woods can provide it
- How local landowners made plans for the future of their land
- How current use programs can reduce your property taxes
- A calendar of “main events” to watch for in your woods each season
- Contacts for estate-planning professionals, foresters, and local land trusts who can offer guidance and expertise to landowners when they need it most
- And much more!
To download a copy of the Massachusetts edition, please click here.
To download a copy of the Connecticut edition, please click here.
If you are a landowner, or know a landowner who might be interested in this guide, please contact Lisa Hayden at firstname.lastname@example.org or (978) 952-6856 to request a copy.